For many hunters their pre-season is focused around obtaining their chief little bit of hunting equipment; a deer hunting rifle. Once this selection is manufactured, then having the best hunting ammo offered to fill the chamber is another order of business. To help with the selection of the greatest ammunition for your brand-new rifle, shotgun or muzzleloader; I’ve listed what I consider to be the best hunting ammo available in the following categories; centerfire ammo, slug ammo and muzzleloader ammo.
• Federal Premium Vital Shok- Federal’s “Trophy Bonded Tip” possess a solid copper shank and exterior skiving on the bullet which facilitates the perfect expansion at any range. This bullet supplies bone crushing energy to the target every time 30-30 ammo for sale. Federal Premium has expanded this line to incorporate a 140-grain 7mm Rem. Magnum, 140-grain 7mm WSM and a 160-grain 7mm STW.
• Hornady Superformance- With many changes in the propellants used in their loads, Horandy prides itself on having higher velocity than its competitors. Hornady uses normal charge weights with other specialized powders to attain these results. Superformance are available in.243 Win., 6mmRem.,.257 Roberts, 25-06 Rem., 6.5 Creedmoor and.270 Rem.
• Winchester SuperX PowerMax- Winchester has perfected the protected hollow-point (PHP) jacketed bullet. The PowerMax can be obtained in.243,.30-06,.300Win. Mag.,.300 WSM (my personal favorite), 7mm Rem. Mag and 7mm WSM.
• Federal Fusion Shotgun Slugs- Federal continues the innovations and selections in their Fusion line of ammo. The most recent loads leave the barrel between 1,450- 1,700 fps. New additions to this line in the 12-guage & 20-guage categories really are a 3inch, 7/8 ounce sabot slug and a 2 3/4 inch, 7/8 ounce sabot slug.
• Remington AccuTip Sabot Slug- This line is topped with a PowerPort Tip. This tip helps to manage expansion from 5-200 yards. This slug is made for 12-guage, fully rifled barrels only.
• Powerbelt Platinum Series- Powerbelt continues to enhance to its Platinum Series by adding a brand new grain weight and plating process, both which are supposed to intensify penetration and accuracy. The most recent installment in this series is really a 300-grain,.50 caliber bullet.
• Hornady FPB- With.50 caliber projectiles available in either 300 or 350-grain; Hornady proudly boasts on its website this ammunition is “one of many easiest loading muzzleloader projectiles on the market.” These projectiles also feature Hornady’s Flex Tip technology.
More information about these and some other ammunition are available by visiting the manufacturer’s websites. Choosing the best performing hunting ammo will surely help to boost your odds of success in the field.